Frequently asked questions
How do I navigate the website?
What types of learning materials are provided?
Can I use the materials on the website free of charge?
Yes, all the learning materials available on the SeaTALK platform are free of charge.
How do I use the SeaTALK learning materials?
The SeaTALK training modules aim to support Maritime English teachers providing opportunities to:
· develop their own materials to match the relevant competences;
· become aware of the communicative needs of seafarers in relation to thein the competence grid;
· select, modify and exploit content from the learning materials platform according to their own students’ specific needs;
· involve learners in tasks incorporating the communicative approach with a focus on the communicative functions of language;
· manage assessment and develop their own tests.
Students, seafarers and independent learners can also benefit from this unique framework. They have opportunities to:
· access common Maritime English syllabi with a link for teaching/learning materials;
· track progress in their studies from one competence to another;
Where do I find information about assessment?
Does SeaTALK provide guidelines for teachers?